SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) is the platform for the Intelligent Enterprise. This event-driven architecture extensible through APIs brings together data and analytics, artificial intelligence, application development, automation, and integration in one, unified environment. How? Let’s start with the building blocks.
SAP BTP consists of four technology portfolios:
- Database and Data Management, which includes – among others – SAP HANA and SAP HANA Cloud as its technological basis.
- Analytics, which includes “SAP Analytics Cloud” (SAC), SAP Data Warehouse Cloud, and Business Objects BI.
- Application Development and Integration (includes SAP Integration Suite, SAP Extension Suite and SAP Process Orchestration).
- Intelligent Technologies (eg. SAP Conversational AI, Internet of Things, ML).
It integrates SAP software with 3rd party tools, shifting the focus from tools to processes. You can use whichever programming language or infrastructure you want. What matters is turning data into value quickly and seamlessly.
Since the main goal of SAP BTP is to transform a business into the Intelligent Enterprise, it is used in such areas as:
- done via APIs or Open Connectors;
- BTP used as a hub to integrate SAP and Non-SAP application within SAP Integration Suite;
- allows for loosely coupled architectures, based on APIs, events and messaging.
Extension & Innovation
- SAP Extension Suite, powering SAP BTP, can be used to add functionality to existing business solutions;
- broader in scope than the common enhancements and modifications in ECC and S/4HANA systems;
- decoupling processes from the backend by usage of the event-driven architecture.
Read more about SAP BTP https://tinyurl.com/4juz5b37
SAP BTP is a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) with the platform services hosted from four environments:
A way to extend on-prem SAP systems, using the latest technology – but sticking to a familiar programming language and decoupling extension code.
An open-source, industry standard for multi-cloud environments which can be hosted on AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Alibaba Cloud, and OpenStack.
A cloud-native platform for extending monolithic applications with serverless functions and microservices, which provides a properly configured, monitored, and secured Kubernetes cluster.
Neo (NetWeaver On-Demand)
Based on a SAP propriety runtime environment that runs only in SAP operated Data Centers, supporting Java, SAP HANA XS and HTML5 applications.